CMSWire recently published my 13th article with them, marking a year since I started as a regular monthly contributor for them. Given the cranky tone of most of what I’ve written for them, it honestly surprises me when they ask for more each month. (It doesn’t surprise me that I never run out of things to complain about, though. After all, that’s why Canto fired me.)
So, with a nod of thanks to CMSWire for offering me a pretty high-visibility place to repeatedly tell the DAM industry to get off my lawn, I offer this list of those articles.
And for the record, I don’t bitch just for the fun of it. I want this industry to survive, and I don’t feel like enough people are pushing it in that direction. In fact, I think too many people are pushing DAM toward extinction simply because they don’t know what the hell they’re talking about, yet they keep on talking.
- Sep 11, 2013 It’s Time to Kill the Competition
- Aug 19, 2013 DAM Beauty and Usability
- Jul 10, 2013 Digital Liability Management
- Jun 12, 2013 The De-Evolution of Tech Learning
- May 16, 2013 Five Reasons Why DAM is No Photoshop
- Apr 9, 2013 Is it True: What Happens When Google Says No?
- Mar 14, 2013 God Help Me, I’m a DAM Geek
- Feb 12, 2013 Marketing Automation vs. You
- Jan 14, 2013 5 Good Reasons to Avoid DAM Software
- Dec 11, 2012 Cloud DAM vs On-site: There is No Real Contest
- Nov 14, 2012 The Metadata Lifecycle for Digital Content
- Oct 17, 2012 Forget the Buzzwords, Focus on the Work
- Sep 13, 2012 Digital Asset Management’s Missing Context of Discussion